Monday, November 15, 2010

Perpetual Virginity

Ahem, now where was I?

Oh, yes, now I remember. You may have noticed that I like trying new things or new variations on things I've tried before. Kind of ironic, considering that I'm re-writing my post from yesterday. No matter, I digress.

A certain girl I know finds all wool itchy, even cashmere. I recently found out she likes Wonder Woman. So, when I came across the Wonder Beanie in my list of favorites on Ravelry, it seemed perfect.


I've never made a hat before, but I figure it's like a big sock only proportionally shorter.

Intarsia is one of my neuroses, I admit it. The new twist there is type of yarn. This is CotLin from Knit Picks in nightfall, swan, canary, and Moroccan red. As you might guess, it's a cotton-linen blend. The colors are exactly what I had in mind.

I started off knitting a little looser than I usually do because I've read a lot on cotton's inelasticity. I'm not completely happy with my stranding. Maybe it'll block out. The knitting lies have already started. If it doesn't block out, I have enough time and yarn to make another. This one will be filed under 'lessons learned' AKA the donate bin.

One other very cool technique I've learned is the two-color cast on. I was a little intimidated by it before I tried it. Despite taking three tries to get it right, it was actually pretty easy. Not to mention, it was so cool, it made me drool.









                             

No comments:

Post a Comment