Saturday, June 26, 2010

Starting Off Fuzzy Today

This is what I felt like when I woke up this morning, which can just barely be called morning. My head and face felt like they where packed in raw wool. The rest of me was kind of numb, too. I'm prone to sinus problems, so that's probably what it was.

Our neighbor, Alex, gave me two bags of raw wool from her sheep. Vova met her when he was working for the 2010 Census. Neighbor is a relative term, I suppose, when someone lives farther away than two houses down.

Anyway, she was very excited when Vova told her about my interest in spinning and knitting. She doesn't do either, so she was looking for a use for the wool she's been collecting from her sheep. Alex was even more excited when she found out that we had been thinking about raising sheep ourselves. Her flock has grown so quickly that she is going to give us a ram and a ewe.

Now that I've resuscitated myself with coffee and cinnamon rolls, I can start on my to-do list for the day, which includes scouring that wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment