Saturday, August 28, 2010

Should've Seen That Coming

We got back from camping on Wellsley Island late last Sunday night. Errands and all the minutiae necessary for our normal schedule consumed this last week. I ended up getting home at 10 or 11 almost every night, which meant no time or inclination for blogging.

I still have not finished Vova's Totem Pole Jacket because I ran out of white yarn. I thought I had just enough to finish the second sleeve and do the sewing up. Wrong. This cold, hard reality faced me as I was packing the car to go on vacation for nine days. The thought of no knitting for that length of time, which was intended specifically for things like knitting, started a small flurry of panic in me.

So, I grabbed 2-at-a-time-socks, my No. 2 circular needle, and two skeins of Sockotta in Navajo Sky. While we were on the road, I cast on the Belle Epoque socks with myself as the recipient.

I would write more, but I have to go wipe down the tents while we have a day of dry, sunny weather. In addition to picking up the dog and the other car, catching up on laundry and groceries, it's been rainy all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment