Monday, August 30, 2010

Oh, right, vacation...

We've been back from vacation for a full week now. While we were away, the time passed slowly. Each day, I would think to myself, "Wow, we still have x number of days left." This past week has just gone by in a blur.

What did we do while those nine days passed languorously?

Well, Vova the Wonderful bought us a travel French press, so we enjoyed good coffee every day.

We loafed around the campsite. We were too busy loafing to take pictures of each other loafing.

We went swimming at a little beach on the island.




I knitted on my new socks. Certainly not the most flattering picture of me, but the only picture of me knitting on vacation.




We played miniature golf.




We drove to the nearby town of Clayton and went swimming in the St. Lawrence river.

It did wonders for my shoulder that aches from time to time. The wind blew hard enough to create some little waves, so it was almost like swimming in the ocean. It was Anna's first time for swimming in waves. 

We drove over the International Bridge to Kingston, Ontario



where we went to Fort Henry for the retreat ceremony.

I'll continue tomorrow. Time is once again passing too quickly; bedtime is upon me.


1 comment:

  1. Nice to see photoes from your vacation- and nice to see YOU! Now I have a face to my friend The Bonny Knitter!! I am glad you haven't finished the sweater. Makes me look a little bit better! Only a little considering all the time that passed before I finished my fish jacket..

    ReplyDelete