Friday, September 3, 2010

A Couple of Other Things

One nice thing about virtual friends is that you can scroll past the endless parade of vacation photos without hurting their feelings. There aren't too many more, I promise.

Fort Henry was amazing. I met David, the Goat, the mascot of the Fort Henry Guard.  As you can see, David was tired from meeting his public all afternoon. The young lady serving as Goat Major told us that he outranked her.

The men and women of the FHG gave a great performance.






We also went to Boldt Castle on Heart Island.

Maybe I should apply for a job with the CBP?






We took a couple of day trips to Ontario, the last of which was to Ottawa. We saw the Parliament buildings.


After that, we walked through an open-air market that smelled just heavenly with all kinds of fresh produce. 

 



On the other side of the market, we found a wonderful bakery that also smelled like heaven. Arguably the least delectable of its selection included Obama Cookies. Anna tried one. Yep, it was a cookie with icing.

In the middle of all this, I learned how to make picot edging. I knew what it looked like, but I didn't know about knitting the live stitches together with the cast-on stitches to make a hem. 



All in all, it was a really nice vacation. I'll have to try it again some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment