Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Monday

I'm really glad I took today off from work. It gives me a chance to start on my spring cleaning since we weren't home all weekend.

On Friday, I managed to finish the first repeat on Kes' second sock. I just hope I can finish it before her sister's birthday, which is in less than two weeks. The socks I'm planning on making for Ashley are anklets, but those are also going to be late. Oh well, that's Aunt Bonnie.

The rest of the weekend was nice and relaxing. We reserved a room in DC for Friday and Saturday since we would be attending the midnight Easter service. Vova surfed the Internet and read the paper while I read and knitted. I finished reading O Jerusalem, which I really liked. I started Justice Hall, the next book in the series. Vova picked both of those up for me in one of the secondhand shops in Middleburg because he thought I would like them. Very good choice on his part. Now I want to read the entire series as well as Laurie King's other books. 


I am harboring a vain hope that I can finish the second sock for Kes by the end of the week. Over the weekend, I finished another three repeats for the leg, which only leaves two more before I can start on the heel. Maybe I'll have to increase my coffee intake so I can stay awake longer on the bus. Maybe, maybe, maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment