Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Where did all this come from?

Yesterday I spent about eight hours cleaning the garage. This was on my day off. I took everything out, sweeping out the dead bugs and cobwebs as I went. Let's just say, the spiders ate well this winter. Then I took my shop vac and vacuumed every surface I could reach. After that, I diluted some ammonia and mopped the floor, then changed the solution and mopped it all again.

We munched on salami and cheese sandwiches while waiting for the floor to dry. I'm so glad Lent is over!

Fortified by good food and a glass of  good beer, I went back to my task. I wiped down all the wooden objects with diluted Murphy's Oil Soap. Vova helped me wipe off and vacuum everything else. It was nearly midnight by the time we finished. Leaving everything outside was not an option since the dew was already falling.

Since I was up so late, I only managed to knit a little on the morning bus ride. I did a little more during my lunch break. On the way home, I stayed awake long enough to finish the fifth repeat on the leg. Traffic was so bad that I got in a nap and had time to start on the last repeat. Imagine this picture with an extra repeat. I took another one this evening, but it wasn't as good.

When I got home, I mowed the grass. The riding mower has a flat tire, so I had to use the push mower. Incidentally, I had no problem starting it, which really surprised me since I haven't had much exercise in months. Maybe shoveling all that did some good after all. I had intended to mow only the parts closest to the house, but I noticed some thistles already sprouting and the grass around the gooseberry bush had to be thinned out...

It would be great if this trend continued for a little while. My enthusiasm tends to run in sprints more often than in marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment