Saturday, September 11, 2010

Show Us Your Gams!

I'm really pleased with the amount of progress I made on my Belle Epoque socks this week. The legs still aren't quite long, though. I know I could ignore the recommended length in the pattern, but that would not make them the length I want them.

Besides, it's a pretty colorway that lends itself to this pattern. It's Plymouth Sockotta in Navajo Sky. The little mock cables remind me hard candies wrapped in cellophane.

I'm noticing a trend with these last few pairs of socks -- they all remind me of food. With this pair, it's the combination of the colors and the pattern. With the previous ones, it was the yarn. Gillian's socks reminded me of Fruity Pebbles. Kes' socks made me think of brown rice. There must be some positive association with these things buried in my subconscious. That's as far as I'll go with the amateur psychology.

The candies will go on hold for a little while because I can go back to finishing Vova's sweater. I ordered a little more yarn from Nordic Mart, which arrived yesterday. This yarn is very soft, but it does not remind me of something to eat. On the other hand, it's almost therapeutic to work with it.

1 comment:

  1. Love that sock yarn! Such a pretty pattern to show it off.

    ReplyDelete