Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You Can't Keep a Good Knitter Down

First off, a short address to the gnomes that stole my pattern:  ha ha, joke's on you. That was my working copy you took. The original is tucked away somewhere safe. Not only that, I made a pdf of it when I first got it. Before you go trashing my laptop, I have a finished sleeve I can use as a model. I don't know what the turquoise slime is that you drooled on it, but it will wash out. The fact that I kept decreasing by two stitches every other row instead of one, which resulted in ripping back a few rows, is entirely the effect of sleep deprivation.

Next, not much to show on the sleeve, so I will share the initial labors of my evening. I harvested herbs tonight.

My sweet basil has almost completely gone to seed, so I harvested those, too. An acquaintance recently told me that she'd heard there was a fungus attacking commercially grown basil, so it would be a good idea to stockpile my homegrown supply.

The Forever Green containers we picked up at Tuesday Morning work really well for keeping fresh herbs. Ours are more opaque than the ones featured on the linked site.
Hopefully, I can return my pet to the outdoors. She was hanging out in her lemon balm condo when I rudely pruned it, bringing her along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment